Changing a UK train ticket
Advance Single tickets
December 2022 update: You can currently request a fee-free exchange to your Advance ticket if you book with Trainline. This means if your plans change, you can make multiple changes fee-free, but you must change the date/time by 18.00 the day before travel. Changes can be made after 1800, up until the date/time of travel, but a fee will be applied
These are the rules around this policy:
- You must have an Advance Single type of ticket.
- You must request changes / book your new ticket by 18:00 the day before your original departure.
- You can make multiple changes all fee free.
- Changes are only allowed for a different time/date of travel, so you need to stick to the same departure and arrival stations.
- The difference between the price of your original Advance ticket paid and the cost of the next suitable fare for your journey is payable. If you change to a train on which a cheaper fare is available, the difference will not be refunded.
The simplest way to amend your tickets is online via My Booking
- Find the booking you wish to change on our website in My Bookings
- Click on "Manage my booking"
- Select 'Change date/time'
Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak and Anytime tickets
Just to remind you that these tickets are flexible tickets, so it’s worth first double checking to see if they are valid for the new time or date you want to travel.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback